Amsterdam Tourist Information
+ King'sday is the anniversary of the King and is Amsterdam's biggest annual party, a must for the party people and if you like to see something different. You will not believe what you see, the whole city turns into a madhouse with orange people, the colour of the royal family. Every year there are over 1 million people who visit Amsterdam on King's Day!
+ Amsterdam Dance event is the biggest electronic music club festival in the world! This festival takes place at over 75 different locations all throughout Amsterdam and each year in October the festival features more than 350 events over five days and attracts over 200.000 visitors.
+ Canal Gay Pride is one of the best and most fun prides in the world. Except the famous canal parade there are many street parties all over Amsterdam. The Canal Gay Pride take place at the end of July or the first weeks of August and is one of the most busy weekends of the year in Amsterdam!
+ Museum Night Amsterdam is one of Amsterdam's most unique annual events, dozens of Amsterdam museums offer special, themed events and performances during unorthodox hours, most run between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m. Programs include everything from dj's and other music events like jazz concerts and dance performances to poetry readings, unusual tours and interactive workshops at more than 40 museums all over Amsterdam every year in November.
+ Grachtenfestival is an annual festival of classical music held at special locations around the centre of Amsterdam with offshoots in other parts of the town such as North of the IJ. Always in August over a period of 10 days, the Grachtenfestival provides a stage for young musical talent, choosing an appropriate and often historical setting for each musical event on or beside Amsterdam's numerous waterways.
More information about Amsterdam:
How to explore Amsterdam
The most popular tourist attractions in Amsterdam
Information about canal cruises in Amsterdam
More festivals & events
- January - National Tulip Day, opening of the tulip season on Dam Square.
- April - (from 2014) Koningsdag King's day, 27 April, King Willem Alexander's birthday.
- June - The Amsterdam Roots Festival, last week of June, international music festival.
- June - Holland Festival is an international festival for theater, music, dance, opera, film and art.
- August - Amsterdam Pride, first weekend of August, gay pride weekend.
- August - Hartjesdag, 3rd weekend in August.
- August - Uitmarkt, last weekend in August, the start of the cultural season.
- August - Amsterdam Tournament, late August, International Football tournament hosted by AFC Ajax.
- August - Sail Amsterdam, a five-yearly event, when tall ships from all over the world can be visited; next event 2015.
- October - Amsterdam Marathon, mid-October.
- October - Amsterdam Dance Event, world's biggest electronic music conference and clubfestival, mid-October.
- October – The Bock Beer Festival in the Beurs van Berlage (Old stock Exchange).
- October – Grachtenrace (Canal Race), 25 km rowing race, 2nd Saturday in October.
- November – December The International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (IDFA).
- November - Cannabis Cup, mid-November annual cannabis competition, hosted by High Times.
- December - 1 December 2012. international Art Fair at De Oude Kerk, Oudekerkseplein 23.
Amsterdam hotel tip:
Hotel ibis is located in Amsterdam's Old Town, close to the main railway station with all forms of public transport and just a 10-minute walk from Dam Square. A very nice location to explore the city. A very good breakfast is served every morning in the breakfast room and this 3-star hotel has non-smoking rooms. Directly in the area there is a large choice of bars and restaurants. Free Wi-Fi is available in the rooms and in all public areas.
More information ibis hotel Amsterdam
More information ibis hotel Amsterdam